Ravenswood Alumni Generations Breakfast
Ravenswood Alumni CommitteeFavourite
In 1908, Ravenswood’s founding Principal, Miss Mabel Fidler, established the Ravenswood Old Girls' Union (ROGU), an association for all past students who have attended Ravenswood for some or all of their schooling.
Today, this association of remarkable women, forged by their shared experience of a Ravenswood education, is known as Ravenswood Alumni. The new
name was adopted at the Annual General Meeting in March 2018 after a comprehensive survey over the summer of 2017-2018, whereby 77% of respondents
agreed to contemporise the name to a more common language and to respect the diversity of our community.
Ravenswood Alumni offers a vital connection between past students, and between the School and its Alumni. It encourages friendships, mentoring, and involvement in the enduring Ravenswood community.
Membership of Ravenswood Alumni is open to all past students, including girls who left prior to their final year of schooling. Alumni are welcomed from all over the world and from all walks of life. The membership fee is invoiced in Year 12.
The Committee comprises women of all ages and experiences, each passionate about representing alumni and encouraging support for one another. The Committee has four executive officers (President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary) and an additional six Members. The President is appointed biennially and is Mrs Lisa Boyce (Clancy, 1990). The Principal, Mrs Anne Johnstone, is Patron. Meetings are held at the start of each school term and all alumni are welcome to attend. Representing all alumni, the Ravenswood Alumni Committee facilitates or hosts:
- opportunities for alumni to forge or renew friendships, fellowship and connection with other alumni and the Ravenswood community
- invitations to social events and School events, such as the annual Generations Breakfast for current students and their alumni mothers and grandmothers
- the First Reunion Cocktail Reception in February for girls of the Class of the preceding 18 months
- raffle prizes and fundraising at the annual Golden Girls’ Luncheon (for alumni who left 50 years’ ago or more)
- morning Tea for alumni mothers of current Year 12 girls prior to the Year 12 Final Assembly
- the annual Alumni Scholarship, a part-scholarship for a new or continuing student entering Year 11 as the daughter, granddaughter or great granddaughter of alumni
- prizes at the Secondary School Presentation Ceremony for the Dux of the Higher School Certificate, Dux of the International Baccalaureate Diploma, and the Year 11 Visual Arts Prize
- fundraising through the Bake Stall at the biennial Ravenswood Fair
- a voice for ideas and feedback to the Principal, as Patron of Ravenswood Alumni
- representation on the Board of the Ravenswood Foundation
- mentoring opportunities for senior girls of Years 10-12 through the annual Careersearch Program, and support for early-career alumni
- fundraising and development activities to support Ravenswood girls and alumni now and for their future.
If you have suggestions for the Committee, would like to attend a meeting, join the Committee, or volunteer, please contact our Head of Development and Alumni, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on (02) 9498 9898.