Learning Resources CentreAdd to Favourites
The Junior School Library is located within the Learning Resources Centre (LRC) and provides a productive and exciting area where students from all Year Groups meet to work, read and spend recreational time together.
Students within Junior School attend one LRC lesson each week. Lessons have both a literature and an inquiry focus, and support the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program as well as the NSW Educational Standards Authority outcomes. Extra curricular activities include K-6 Makerspace, run once a week during lunchtime.
The Library program encourages and enables students to:
- participate in the annual Premier’s Reading Challenge
- celebrate Australian literature through Children’s Book Week activities
- share literature through the annual Indigenous Literacy Foundation Book Swap
- meet and engage with a range of visiting authors and illustrators
- participate in special theme days
Years 5 and 6 Library Monitors capably assist in the management of the Library. This responsible leadership role requires commitment and reliability.
8.00am–8.20am and during the second half of lunch, every day during school term.