Private TuitionAdd to Favourites
Ravenswood offers private music tuition before, during and after school.
Tuition is open to all students from K-12 and available for the following instruments:
- Keyboard - Piano
- Strings - Violin, viola, cello, double bass
- Guitar - Acoustic, electric, bass
- Woodwind - Flute, clarinet, oboe, saxophone, bassoon
- Brass - Trumpet, euphonium, trombone, French horn, tuba
- Percussion - Drums, percussion, keyboard percussion
- Voice - Classical, contemporary, musical theatre
- Musicianship - Theory studies complementing and enriching practical studies.
Costs for tuition vary depending on the instrument and tutor. As far as possible, lessons are timetabled on a rotational basis to minimise disruption to curriculum subjects. Every effort is made to timetable lessons outside of class time for students in Years 11-12.
Instrument hire is available for a selection of instruments, depending on availability. Students hiring an instrument are expected to participate in a band, string ensemble or orchestra.
From time-to-time, Ravenswood offers private music tuition scholarships on less common instruments that are required for Orchestra and Band. All interested applicants must have prior musical knowledge at an above average level and be willing to commit to an ensemble for the duration of their time at Ravenswood.