Ravenswood Scholarship applications for 2025 will open on 30 June 2023.
Ravenswood scholarships are conducted by Academic Assessment Services. All scholarship candidates are required to take the Scholarship Examination, conducted at Ravenswood on Saturday 26 August 2023. The test will incur a fee of $130. Late applications or registrations will not be accepted. Applications will close at 4.00pm AEST on Monday 21 August 2023.
- For girls entering Year 7 and Year 11 in 2025.
- All applicants are required to take the Scholarship exam conducted by Academic Assessment Services.
- Welcomes applications from outstanding musicians to support our large ensemble program on Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass, Flute, Oboe, Clarinet,
Bassoon, Trumpet, Trombone, French horn, Euphonium, Tuba and Orchestral percussion. Scholarships will not be offered for piano.
- Students are ideally exceptional for their age and may have completed high grades or diploma level exams with outstanding results. Please contact us at email@example.com to discuss if your daughter fits into this category.
2. Transcripts of most recent music examinations
3. School report from last two academic years
4. Written reference from private music tutor
5. One A4 page cover letter explaining why you would like to be a Music Scholar at Ravenswood and why you are eligible
Supporting documents are to be uploaded, together with the application, on the Academic Assessment Services website.
- Shortlisted applicants may be invited to attend a Music Audition and provide their own accompanist.
- The audition will require the applicant to prepare two contrasting pieces. Please note the audition panel will not need to hear all of each
- If an applicant has a second instrument, they should prepare one piece with their first instrument and second piece for their second instrument.
- Applicants will also be asked to sight-read a short passage on their first instrument. Successful applicants will be able to sight-read confidently and fluently.
- A short interview with the audition panel will also be conducted.
- A Music Scholarship at Ravenswood covers Academic Tuition Fees, or part thereof, for students entering Year 7 or Year 11.
- The Scholarship does not include core curriculum charges, curriculum related amounts, enrolment fees or other sundry charges which are payable.
All scholarship students will have their progress reviewed annually.
- Successful students will study an Elective Music Course through to Year 12 and participate in the Ensemble Program within the school.
- The audition panel reserves the right not to invite all applicants to audition.