2022 Academic Results
We continue to be proud of our successive generations of Ravenswood students who have achieved academic excellence over the course of our 122-year history. Ravenswood is the only school on the Upper North Shore Sydney to offer senior students the flexibility and choice of either the Higher School Certificate (HSC) or the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme.
As a proud non-selective school, our IB Diploma students, together with our HSC students, have continued this tradition of academic excellence, applying themselves with dedication, resilience, grit and optimism while valiantly navigating their final three years of schooling with agility and fortitude through a global pandemic. We are truly inspired by the efforts and achievements of these outstanding young women of character and substance.
In 2022, 131 students sat the HSC and 30 sat the IB with the Class of 2022 achieving extraordinary results.
Four IB students attained perfect International Baccalaureate scores of 45 out of 45, placing them in the top 1% of IB students in the world. This is the highest number of perfect scores achieved by a Ravenswood cohort since the commencement of the IB Diploma Programme at Ravenswood in 2005. The IB scores of three of these students converted to the highest possible ATAR of 99.95.
One Year 12 HSC student also received the highest possible ATAR of 99.95 – one of only 48 HSC students in NSW. To read the stories of the young women from the Class of 2022, please visit our News Centre
Highlights of Ravenswood's Class of 2022 HSC results include:
- Our 131 HSC students performed with excellence across 45 courses, with 75% of their results in the top two achievement bands;
- Maria Yang achieved the highest possible ATAR of 99.95. Maria was one of just 48 students across the state who achieved this ATAR;
- Zhen (Phoebe) Xu was recognised in the Top Achievers in Course, placing 5th in NSW for Music Extension;
- 5 students achieved ATARs above 99;
- 5 students were recognised in the All-Round Achievers list. These students achieved results in the highest band possible in 10 or more units;
- 78 students were recognised in the Distinguished Achievers list (a result in the highest band for one or more courses), with 198 mentions between them;
- All students who studied the following four subjects received a result in the top band: Chinese Continuers, Chinese Extension, German Extension and Music Extension;
- In 18 subjects, all students achieved results in the top two bands;
- 45% of students achieved in the top band in Mathematics Advanced and Mathematics Extension courses, our highest results since 2019;
- 36% of students achieved in the top band in English Advanced and English Extension courses;
- 9 students were nominated for HSC Subject Showcases with three students selected for their Showcases:
- ARTEXPRESS (Visual Arts) - Mila Piccardi
- ENCORE (Music Composition) – Zhen (Phoebe) Xu
- OnSTAGE (Drama) Individual Project - Eloise Chia
Highlights of Ravenswood’s Class of 2022 IB results include:
- Four Ravenswood students achieved perfect scores in the IB Diploma Programme, attaining 45 marks out of a possible 45, placing them in the top 1% of IB students in the world. The perfect IB scores were achieved by Tara Evans, Kayleigh Li, Jasmine Petty and Yuetong (Sunny) Wang. This is the highest number of perfect scores achieved by a Ravenswood cohort since the commencement of the IB Diploma Programme at Ravenswood in 2005;
- Three students who achieved perfect scores of 45 in the IB Diploma Programme attained the highest possible ATAR conversion of 99.95;
- Three students - Rosemary Li, JingXin (Angelina) Tang and Claudia Zybenko -achieved a score of 44 out of 45. These results equated to an ATAR range of 99.60 to 99.80;
- Three students - Oriana Allen, Lauren Petrenas and Tianyue (Tiffany) Shu - achieved a score of 43 out of 45. These results equated to an ATAR range of 99.30 to 99.55;
- In total, 40% of the IB cohort (12 students) achieved a score of 40 or above, which equated to an ATAR of 97.50 or above;
- Our Ravenswood median IB score was 39.50, which equated to an ATAR of 97.10. This represents the second-highest median IB score achieved since the inception of the IB Diploma Programme at Ravenswood in 2005;
- 87% of the IB cohort (26 students) achieved an ATAR of 90 or above;
- 73% of the IB cohort (22 students) achieved a Grade 7 (maximum grade) in one subject or more;
- 53% of the IB cohort achieved an A grade (maximum grade) in either Theory of Knowledge (TOK) or Extended Essay (EE);
- This year, three students - Tianyue (Tiffany) Shu, Xiya (Shancy) Sun and Chenye (Sophie) Xiang - achieved an IB Bilingual Diploma, having studied all of their non-language subjects in a second language – an immense achievement.
- Every Ravenswood IB student successfully achieved their Diploma, with scores well above the IB credentialing score of 24.
Recent Ravenswood graduates have gained entry to Harvard University, the University of Oxford, Princeton, New York University, the Imperial College London as well as the Royal College of Music. In 2021 three students also received the highest possible ATAR of 99.95.
View the Class of 2022 Academic Results