EmploymentAdd to Favourites
Ravenswood is a Uniting Church Prep to Year 12 Day and Boarding school for girls located on Sydney's leafy upper north shore. Ravenswood students enjoy outstanding academic success supported by innovative teaching practices that are underpinned by a whole school approach to Positive Education.
Our five Guiding Principles of Excellence, Respect, Optimism, Courage and Compassion provide the framework that guide our day-to-day behaviours as a school community.
Ravenswood as a place to work
Our goal is to achieve excellence, leadership, learning and teaching by attracting and retaining world-class staff, passionate about the students. We provide staff professional development through the Ravenswood Institute. Our School is a strong community with a global education perspective offering the Higher School Certificate (HSC) and International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma. Ravenswood has world-class award-wining facilities and is located 15 kilometres from the Sydney Central Business District and a five minute walk from Gordon train station and bus interchange.
Find out more about current opportunities or apply for a position at Ravenswood HERE.
In addition to a meaningful and rewarding career, our staff receive a comprehensive range of benefits, which include:
- competitive remuneration packages
- options for salary packaging
- internal and external professional development opportunities with industry leaders
- support for Teacher Accreditation requirements
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- provision of IT equipment - laptop computers subject to roles
- flu shots
- group fitness classes available.
The Ravenswood Institute was established in 2016, with a Ravenswood Fellowship Award available to Ravenswood teachers with some of the best professional educational training in the world. Fellowships, partnerships and research grants have seen staff travel overseas and interstate to learn in association with Ivy League institutions such as Stanford, MIT and the University of Pennsylvania. The Institute provides opportunities for further study to enable teachers to explore areas of passion, further develop innovative learning environments, and develop new teaching and learning resources. The Institute produces RIPLS (Ravenswood Institute Professional Learning Series) journals.
- Applicants must be either an Australian Citizen or a Permanent Resident or hold an appropriate permit to work in Australia.
- Under Child Protection Legislation, a current Working With Children Clearance (WWC Clearance) is a prerequisite for all employees and volunteers and child-related employment. Ravenswood requests that applicants provide this WWC Clearance with their application. For more information and/or to apply for a WWC Clearance, please visit the Office of the Children's Guardian.
Teaching Positions Only
- Applications must be accredited to teach in NSW and hold a NESA Registration Number. For more information, please visit the NSW Educational Standards Authority website.
- Applicants must hold a current First Aid Certificate or be prepared to acquire a first aid certificate.
Casual teachers should submit a résumé and cover letter through the online recruitment system using, Register Your Interest.
Casual Sport Coaches
Casual sport coaches should submit a résumé and cover letter through the online recruitment system by clicking here.
Get in Contact
For more information, please contact Amanda Smith, our Director of Human Resources, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/school/ravenswood-school-for-girls/.